Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sweet Babies

Ryder-
He had a really fun week this week. John decided to take him the the scrapyard (a plave you can take metal/alluminum for money). He came home and told me all about it, with sparkles in his eyes. All he wants for Christmas is a claws machine...(can't find one anywhere!!!) but he told me that were two machines there and one was green and picked up a car! He called Nanny Vanderpool to tell her about the scrapyard and she wasn't quite making out what he was saying so Ryder decided to spell it out and said, "T-O-Y, scraaaapyaaard!" Something else that is really fun for him is when Poppy Vanderpool comes over...somehow Ryder can find a way for poppy to take him home! : ) Well, Poppy agreed the other day to bring him home with him and said get in the truck. See, we kinda are ghetto and when nanny or poppy take him somewhere they don't always have a carseat, so Ryder knows the standard procedure and gets in the backseat and lays down so the policeman won't see him!! :) Brian (poppy), John, and I were talking and lost control of the time and we hear from the backseat of poppy's truck "Come on let's go Poppy!".

Gunner-
The other night we cut Gunner's hair...it was so sad because that was kinda his trademark...he was adoreable...but still is adoreable and looks like a big boy...we will continue to grow his hair out, not because we don't like the cut, but because he has beautiful hair. Last night I made my favorite Christmas candy (white choc. covered pretzels) both the boys helped, it was a fun night! It was time for bed and I gave Ryder one with some milk and sent him to bed, but I decided to keep the little one up a little longer and hold him and rock him and let him eat a pretzel and drink his milk as I just loved on him! Sometimes, with the second child everything just becomes precedure and a check off list, and sometimes even the big brother gets to do a little bit more than the little one, and I do get to love on him, but last night was so sweet I just love that little angel boy and he is growing into such a sweet boy. He also LOVES ALL ANIMALS! He has been carrying around a little plastic horse and today at lunch he was petting it and trying to feed it a carrot!

1 comment:

Julie, Creative Little House said...

So cute Julie....I love the gheto poppy story!! Gun loves animals just like his daddy!